iMovie Trailers: The Outsiders

Using iMovie turned out to be incredibly easy. My trailer above is not award-winning stuff, but it is pretty cool especially considering how little I truly had to do. iMovie does a lot of the work for you. I made this trailer for students who are about to read The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. I would hope that this video would give them a little insight about the book and get them excited to read it. I loved this book when I read it in eighth grade, and my old school still requires that students read this novel. A neat thing about this app is that students can – without a struggle – create a project of their own; after displaying this trailer, the teacher could potentially explain how he or she used the app, and assign students to make their own movies based off of one aspect of the book (when the unit is over).

Just an idea!

It’s free on the iTunes Store and very exciting to use. I liked picking out a theme and the accompanying music that brings life to the project. Students would enjoy using iMovie and I can really see myself using this in my classroom.