Week 6: Digital Storytelling with Slate

image

I’ve recently learned about digital storytelling and its uses in the classroom. I made my own story using the app Slate by Adobe. It’s free on the iTunes Store! I chose to use Slate mainly because it was highly recommended. But I also quickly learned after downloading it that it was simple to use. I’m not incredibly tech-savvy so ‘easy’ is my favorite word when it comes to this stuff. The instructions are pretty much laid right out on the table; I clicked “create new project” and the rest was self-explanatory. All I had to do was scroll down and continue to add text, pictures, and links. Especially knowing how tech-friendly kids are these days, I don’t think any students would have a hard time using this app. It’s clean-cut and nice to look at.

image

The story I made is centered around basic health facts for kids. I chose this topic because it’s different and something I am genuinely interested in. As soon as I thought of this idea, I actually got excited about making my story! I have more that I could add but I am pleased with what I have created. It’s visually appealing and easy to follow. Thanks, Adobe Slate!