CKV: Overland Park, Kansas

image

Wow. What a project! Making a video with iMovie for Celebrate Kansas Voices proved to be a challenge. Lucky for me, the app is super easy to use and I could record my audio with it instead of app smashing. I tried to use Garage Band at first (I have experience cutting/meshing music on it but never audio recording) when I realized I could just do everything on iMovie.

All I had to do was some research on my hometown, gather images of all its attractions and a few personal photos, write a script, record myself, interview a couple friends, crop images and recordings to match each other, and lower the volume on the background music so viewers can hear me speaking. So yeah, it wasn’t much work at all!

Here’s my final product:

I am actually a little proud of this video; it isn’t a masterpiece by any means but it looks so good for something that only took a few hours! Making this video also instilled a sense of pride in me regarding my hometown. Overland Park may have some downfalls but overall, it is an incredible place and I hope my video conveys that.